- Oh-Baby: Complaining!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

babies

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Complaining!

Can I just say how much I am hating the diabetic diet. It isn't the food, it is the regulation of everything. I get up, test my sugar, eat my breakfast right away. Two hours later, I test my sugar, eat my snack. Two hours later, I test my sugar and eat my lunch. Two hours later, I test my sugar and eat my snack. Two hours later, I test my sugar and eat my supper. Two hours later I test my sugar and eat my snack. Two hours later, I test my sugar and go to bed! And everything I eat has to be a certain number of carbs accompanied with protein. I hate that it is regimented. I hate that I eat when I don't want too.

I never realized before how few carbs I usually eat in the run of a day. A lot of my favorite meals are proteins like tofu accompanied by lots of carb free veggies, or just lots of veggies with a little carbs. This whole thing is taking a lot more adjusting than I thought. And with the idea that the nurse told me that she suspects I am just diabetic, this whole regimented schedule looms before me in a never ending expanse and I really don't like it.

I do it for my baby. I would do anything for my baby, but if I am a diabetic after this baby is born, I don't know if I will be able to keep this up forever!!!

0 comments: