- Oh-Baby: Salad!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

babies

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Salad!

I am doing pretty well. I went out today with the sole purpose of getting me some much needed veggies and I am so happy with the yummy salad fixings I got. I just really love my veggies and I feel it when I am not getting enough of them. Even Princess Belle was excited to see the salad fixings and chomping at the bit to dig into them too.

I have been having heel pain after my walks the last couple of days. I was reading up on it and they say that the cause is weight gain causing my feet to flatten. Which is lovely but I have gained hardly any weight. My weight it shifting to the front though, so maybe the cause is a change in the way I walk or a change the balance of weight on my feet.

On a positive note, my increase in sleep and water has really helped my headaches and my nausea! I am so glad.

Since I tend to have some difficulties with iron when I am pregnant, I was looking up some info on that. Here is what I found out:

Good sources of iron are whole grains, dried beans, dark green leafy vegetables, blackstrap molasses, tofu, spinach, beet greens, bulgur, prune juice, and dried fruits.

There are a few little tricks you can use to get the most iron out of these iron-rich foods.

Be sure to include foods rich in vitamin C (such as orange juice) in your diet every day. This vitamin will help your body absorb iron.
Cooking in a cast-iron skillet can help you get more of this mineral.
Cut back on caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea, and colas; they interfere with the body's ability to absorb iron.

0 comments: